UM names 2020-21 SGA cabinet
FROM STAFF REPORTS
The University of Montevallo’s Student Government Association’s leadership team has been finalized for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The new SGA executive cabinet was sworn in during virtual meetings in April, as the University was operating under a distance education model due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thomas Dillard, a junior from Birmingham majoring in business administration, will serve as the SGA president following a year as the association’s student trustee.
“I’m looking forward to working with the new cabinet in the upcoming year,” Dillard said. “This school year may be unique, but the Student Government Association is working to ensure that everyone feels like they belong at the University of Montevallo.”
The University of Montevallo Student Government Association strives to facilitate better relationships between the faculty, administration, staff and the student body. It works to assess problems, make positive improvements and coordinate change at the University of Montevallo.
SGA promotes the ideals of the University of Montevallo, ensures unity through diversity and serves as the student voice to the faculty and administration.
The following students will serve on the SGA executive cabinet for the upcoming academic year:
- President, Thomas Dillard
- Vice President, Natalie Seavers
- Treasurer, Josiah Garrett
- Senior Class President, Solomon Balaam-Reed
- Executive Secretary, Marrissa Fletcher
- Administrative Vice President, Caitlin Blackburn
- Director of Social Services, Jacob Heath
- Director of External Affairs, Emily Torres
- Senate Clerk, Whitney Smitherman
- Director of Public Relations, Abby Askins
- Director of Diversity and Student Outreach, Abbie Clark
- UPC Coordinator, Alexandria Hawkins
- Student Trustee, Anakate Andrasko
- President Pro Tempore, Heather Collier